As if the word awkward was not awkward enough ...
After all the publicity and excitement earlier this week, Boathouse Mouse was supposed to be in print by now.
Shawna (of Back to The Drawing Board fame) and I should have had a proof copy each coming our way by now. And to soften the painful waiting period, I had intended to send the story for Boathouse Mouse book 2* to Shawna to help in that insufferable "printing and shipping" interim. I had it all mapped out.
But the proverbial second shoe has not yet dropped.
In fact, none of that has happened yet. We are on pause. Things don't always go as planned. We have encountered a technical difficulty with the printer. It's file size capacity stuff that is a bit boring in real life.
It feels like the organist is playing "Here Comes the Bride" for the tenth time, and everyone is shifting uncomfortably as they wait.
The good news is, we are about to upload! A new service has been signed up. We are verifying final details. And it could possibly happen today! Notice how I hedged that announcement.
My dilemma is: Do I pick up the first shoe and start the whole show over? Or do I proceed directly to the Ta-Da announcement when everything is confirmed?
Either way, Stay Tuned for the big event!
*If you thought I was going to spill the title of Book 2 ... haha!